Sunday 1 May 2011

RCC WBL and North Wales bouldering

On the 15th of April I competed in the final round of the Reading Climbing Centre Winter Bouldering League. Before this round I was standing in joint second place with Stewart Dudding. However with the format of the league you can drop your lowest scoring round, which for me was 20 points lower than Stew's. After a fairly dynamic round I came third, placing me second overall and first place overall going to Jon Partridge. With first and second place in the female catergory going to good friends Jen Wilby and Abi Boyce.

After the final RCC WBL round I planned to make a late journey up to North Wales for a week of bouldering. First thing on my mind was to do Rock Atrocity, a problem in Parisella's Cave. I had a few try's at this last October and knew that this time it was much more likely do go. It took a session just to figure the moves out again. Two sessions in the cave went by and no luck so far, finally on the third day there I had a very close attempt, falling going for the finishing slot. Then a brief burst of power I managed to hit the slot correctly and finish the problem. I didn't climb much after this but managed to flash Bust Lip V7 and various easier problems.


Here's a short video of me on Rock Atrocity; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5Y9_leRr4

By Rob Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment