Monday 5 September 2011

New Problems in Yorkshire & Bestival (Tom Peckitt)


I had a tip off a while ago about an unclimed roof on Ilkely Moor. So, some time later, I checked it out and wasn't disappointed.

The roof can be found at Piper's Crag, a little past Swastika Stones:
http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/pipers.html

Check out the crap edit below:


Yorkshire just keeps giving and I'm looking forward to the winter so I can polish off a few other projects on my list.

I've also got one of the best limestone projects I have ever seen firmly in my sights at a secret, almost totally unclimbed, crag. The roof itself is about the size of Raventor Roof but with one line of holds through the middle. A stunning unclimbed piece of rock. My time is limited and hoping to get back to it soon. Watch this space!!!

Here's a teaser:











I'm off to the Isle of Wight on Wednesday to work at Bestival. Charlotte and I are running a bouldering Wall there as part of the freesports park. We were first involved with running a bouldering wall last year at Camp Bestival. We did Camp Bestival again this year and things went so well we are running one at Bestival.

Camp Bestival is a kids and families orientated festival. Over three day we had over 600 kids on the bouldering wall. It the most popular participation event at the freesports park. Kids can't get enouhg of it......adults too!

The freesports park incorporates many sports such as skating, mountain boarding, parkour, slacklining and now bouldering. If you are at Bestival then pop over to check it out. To find out more check out the xworks website:
http://www.wearexworks.com/2011/08/17/bestival-music-festival/

No comments:

Post a Comment