Friday 7 October 2011

tompeckittclimbng.com & THE project

It's been a hectic few months on a personal level and a phase of my life I'd like to put behind me now. There have been a few glimmers of hope in the form of a much needed holiday to Sardinia (non climbing - chilling only!!!) and running a bouldering wall at Bestival.

Climbing has taken a real back seat. I've had little time to climb and I get bored training. Maybe the rest has done me good. However, with the advent of grit season I'm looking forward to getting back to Leeds and enjoying the gritstone again.

However, I’ve had a few trips to a super secret undeveloped limestone crag and been achingly close to an awesome 8b roof project. The 8b line finishes with a tough match on an obvious hold in the middle of the roof. This is where I fell on my closest go. The full line past this obvious hold certainly looks possible but will be super hard; at least font 8c. This is the main goal but it needs breaking into sections. The hold mid-way is an obvious finish point for the “short” version, which is what I aim to do first. It really is a superb cave. This project bursts through the roof on the only line of visible holds. The rest of the roof is virtually blank.

I've also had a bit of spare time on my hands to knock together a website. It's not supposed to be a self indulgent excercise, or to pursure internet fame but a central hub where I can put all photos, vids, news and thoughts. I have stuff spread everywhere; youtube, vimeo, blogs, flickr and so on. It's not totally finished yet but I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Check it out:


tompeckittclimbing.com


Be sure to have a look at the vid on the homepage which shows an easier problem at the secret crag plus a glimpse of the project. I'm not sure when I'll have time to go and finish it but keep an eye on my site for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment