Tuesday 10 September 2013

Countdown by Rachel Carr


It’s been 6 weeks since I injured my ankle, 5 weeks since I started physiotherapy, 4 weeks since I could walk, 3 weeks since I started strength training, 2 weeks since I could press my weight, and one week since I got back on the wall. 

It seems like years away since it happened and I’m glad to say I’m already seeing my strength come back. I still have to do my strength exercises and I’ve been given calf stretches to do, but I am officially allowed to drop off the wall. 

I’ve only managed to fit in a few sessions because of work and school and am trying not to overdo it, but I’ve gone from barely managing v4’s to flashing v6 and topping v7 3rd go. I’m strong, but not enough, and I know now is going to be the toughest part. I’m going have to put 3 times the effort into each session and staying motivated is not going to be easy. It’s already hard knowing that I’m capable of a move but am wary of trying it in case I fall too far and hurt my ankle.

I’ve got a month till Laval and I know there's very little chance of me making top twenty, but I’m going to do everything I can to give me the best shot at it. All I can do is my best and not let this injury stop me from achieving my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment