Monday 2 January 2012

Spain and plans for 2012 by Jonathan Stocking


I had a short trip to Spain at the end of the year with two mental firemen from Glasgow. We went to an area call Siurana, I had no expectations I just wanted to chill out and go climbing. There is so much to go at that i didn't know what to try first so i ended up spotting a nice looking 8b called Migranya and getting on it. Conditions were a bit hit or miss, it was either way to hot to climb or holds were wet typical climbing typical (for me anyway) climbing trip! I managed to send the route 5th go, it gives you a proper moral boost going something hard after a bit of down time, I suppose you need to do things like that to give you a kick up the backside. After i sent my route the trip was more chilled, lots of onsighting and Estrella damn.
In 2012 i have lots planned. European competitions and some senior world cups, climbing trips to some new places and trips the usual climbing spots so it should be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment