Tuesday 3 July 2012

YCS setting & Linz EYC

I've had a mental week! Firstly I was setting for the youth climbing series final in EICA: Ratho, we 21 routes and 18 boulder problems to set for 340 kids! 13 hour shifts take it out of you but it was a cracking comp that helped display the amazing potential of the youth! I've also just got back from competing in the 4th round of the European youth cup in Linz, Austria. It was way to hot for a comp reaching 40 on the first day of qualifiers and 38 on the day of the finals! Another beyond hope climber Luke Tilley was also with me after an adventurous journey from England to Linz by train (he's one of those eco friendly guys). We had a good comp with with Luke coming 11th and myself coming 8th boosting my overall European ranking to 7th. The next round is in Imst, Austria in 4 weeks time. Time to train!

No comments:

Post a Comment